Padstow harbour has no wall to stop anyone falling into the sea; a big crowd was almost upon us with lots of jostling for places where they could be close to the dancing 'Oss - and my 7-year-old was in there somewhere. I was shouting and shouting his name but daren't move away from the seat in case he found his way back.
As the crowd moved further along the harbour, I started shouting his name again - and went to the edge to look down into the sea. Terrifying! Had he fallen in? Was he still in the middle of the crowd? Had someone taken him? OMG!!!
Then his older brother said, "I just saw him. I know where he is." He pointed to a shop doorway across from the seat and a little head peeped around and shot back out of sight again.
I won't go into detail about what happened next; suffice it to say that Peter soon regretted his little trick!
Apologies for having no photos of that day; when we returned home it was to find that my camera was missing.
But for more information about the 'Obby 'Oss festival, this is an excellent post http://www.thequirkytraveller.com/2011/04/padstow-obby-horse-may-day-tradition/
And now . . . Ta Da!!!!! I have been nominated for an award; the Leibster Award for new bloggers!
For this nomination I need to thank Kay, a fellow Cornish blogger, who can be found at http://countrylivingblog.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank you, Kay - I think! I did a bit of Googling to find out more about this award and it has mixed reviews, some bloggers being thrilled and others feeling anxious in case it takes up too much time and becomes more like a chain letter. Well, I'm quite chuffed that someone likes my blog enough to nominate me, so I shall bite the bullet in the hope of attracting more followers (not quite sure how that happens, but we shall see . . . )
These are the rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post
- Answer ten questions you’ve been asked
- Nominate 5 new bloggers that you want to share with the world
- Then create ten new questions for the bloggers you are nominating
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated
And here are the ten questions asked by Kay -
- What is your favourite meal? Roast beef with all the trimmings, cooked by my son.
- What has been your best ever bargain buy? This has to be when I wanted to lose weight, looked online and found a WeightWatchers plan at a huge discount and after going through Quidco, it cost even less - just £1.96 for a 3-month membership.
- What are your top 3 favourite films? A difficult one as I rarely watch films (I prefer to read books!) But 'Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey' for one; 'Champions', the story of Bob Champion who recovered from cancer to win the Grand National on Aldaniti, who was also recovering from injury and adversity; and the 3rd . . . . . erm . . . . erm . . . I can only think of 'Titanic' *blush*, memorable because my son was born the following day, 2 weeks early. Lol, lol.
- If you could invite 3 people for dinner, either living or dead, who would it be? It would have to be my lovely Mum, Dad and brother, all of whom have passed away.
- What was the last book you read? "Jojo Moyes, having read her previous book, "Me Before You". Recommended!
- You are stuck in a well and the cast of the last television programme you watched are coming to rescue you ..... who will be hauling you out? (Mine would be the cast of Gardeners World, I watched an episode I recorded a while back last night before bed lol) Oh dear, I don't fancy my chances of getting out - I just watched a recording of Michael McIntyre's Big Show! (Unless I can call upon the muscley dancers who took part?)
- Marmite .... Love it or Hate it? Love it on toast. Mmmmm . . .
- If you could have a super-power, what would it be? To fly - think of the savings on fuel!
- What did you have for breakfast this morning? Scrambled eggs, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes. Yum!
- What is the one thing that makes you think of Summer Any Beach Boys song.
The five bloggers I nominate are:
and this is where I came unstuck! Despite hours of trawling through blogs, I was unable to find any more that could loosely qualify as 'new'; even the ones I have nominated are more than a year old. However, these two are lovely blogs and I hope this will bring them many more followers and comments.